Monday 4 January 2016

A Mindset For 2016


So we’ve all said our farewells to 2015 and now it comes the time of year when we all sit down and ponder our goals and bucket lists for the next twelve months. I’m all for this new-found motivation, but I sometimes think our attitudes for how to achieve these goals are a little askew. Perhaps just listing what we want to do and expecting to make the time for it doesn’t work?
This year I thought I’d put this idea to the test. I’m going to not really mention what I want to do this year, but instead how I should be thinking to achieve it. The idea is that if you get yourself into the right mindset, all your goals can follow right behind. 

Stop Waiting For 'Better Things' In The Future. It’s so easy to wish away the present because we know in a week, a month, a year things will be better. I want to make a habit of pointing out what’s good about right now instead of what I won’t miss.

Exercise Benefits You Mentally As Well As Physically. The idea of a run first thing in the morning can sound like the worst idea, but it doesn't feel that way once it’s done and dusted. 

I’m A Morning Person, Make The Most Of It. Having a lie-in from time to time can be a small luxury, but getting up and starting the day early is what makes me feel motivated. 

Don’t Overthink Things! It’s sometimes best to go with the flow, thinking things over and over won’t change anything. 

Long lists always look intimidating so short and sweet it is. What are your new year’s resolutions? I’d love to hear.

Happy new year 

Georgina 

6 comments:

  1. Great post !

    http://www.fruityandpassion.com/2015/12/discover-farfetch-app-exclusive-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a nice idea, Georgina! Very good mindset. I want to try and be more productive and stay as positive as I can this year :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, fingers crossed it works for the both of us!

      Delete
  3. Lovely post - I really need to make more of a habit of enjoying things in the present and not waiting for things to 'get better', great little reminder!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha same, thats probably going to be the trickiest one to keep on top of!

      Delete