Sunday 5 July 2015

The Beginning of Travels


Due to the handy function on blogger, while this post is uploaded on Sunday morning, I'll already be away in Ecuador, horribly jet lagged and running away from the massive bugs I've been told are over there! This trip was an opportunity given to us through my school working with Camps International, and it's something that I signed up to around a year and a half ago. I still cannot believe it's finally here and the childish squealing with excitement is starting to set in.
We're going to be out there for a month, travelling around the country and working on a number of projects. It's the longest time I will have spent away from home and thinking about it as I write this a few days before I go; a month seems like a longlong time.
For now I've got a mountain of packing and general 'sorting out' to do, as well as the normal panic and excitement that comes with doing something out of your comfort zone. Posts will be up every Sunday as usual plus I'm taking a little digital camera, a disposable camera and sketchbook and pens with me. The plan is that when I get back at the start of August I can fill this blog with awesome adventures, sketches and photos. 
Georgina

No comments:

Post a Comment