Monday 15 February 2016

Consuming and Creating  

Getting that balance between consuming creative things and then creating yourself is pretty tricky huh. 
It’s so easy to soak up all of those creative juices from other people - perhaps from the artwork you saw, or a video that got you thinking, or just something someone said that stuck with you. But it’s what to do with all those ideas that’s the problem. It's so easy to let them sort of wash over you.
I watched this video recently (link to her channel here), and in it she mentions that to really process anything she's seen, she needs to create something. I'd never thought of the creative process like this before, I think she's completely right. 
It's pretty similar to the idea that to stay inspired you just need to create, to experiment without any fear of doing something wrong. 
Even writing this post has started something off. It’s made me sit down and think about what I want to write. I may have re-writen sentences a fair bit, and it took me a bit of time to get going. Still, it’s forced me to put something down and out of my head. It should help me to gain more of a balance between consuming and creating. 

What do you think? I'd love to hear.

Georgina 

No comments:

Post a Comment