Monday 9 March 2015

Moleskine 001




   
I’ve always loved putting ideas and sketches down on paper, it feels as if I’m getting rid of cluttered thoughts either in the form of lists (you can never write too many lists!) or in some random doodle or sketch. Being a bit of a Pinterest addict, I see (and pin) a lot of those beautiful sketchbooks with pages full of intricately drawn portraits and cute little watercolours. To fulfil this Pinterest worthy dream I picked up an A5 Moleskine from waterstones just before Christmas and got going, trying ever so hard to keep each and every page looking beautiful. I must admit I’m guilty of gluing pages together if I don’t like them - shameful but necessary! 




 I’m currently about a quarter of the way through the sketch book and love looking back at it for inspiration, it seems to have become a bit of a visual diary - I’ll come across a page and be reminded of a memory or feeling (woah heartfelt comments there).  
 The pages are mostly full of quotes I liked or little drawings of images I saw on Instagram, it’s so tempting to fill in all the pages really quickly and reach that satisfying moment when you come to the last page and can close the book with a sense of finality - or maybe that’s just me?







 
  Some of the sketches are no where near as beautiful as ones on Pinterest but it's a start! Who knows, by the end of this book I may be a little better at putting pencil to paper.. 

Georgina 

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog georgina! I think you have such a unique voice in the bloggersphere! Keep writing and I wish you all the best in your exams. I am attempting to find my voice on my blog, it is hard because I have so much to say but I can't yet put it into words or images so I cook up all my feelings! haha. Love the sketches! Sometimes, the more organic work that is less polished resonates more with people than you might think. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your thoughts lynnette! i know what you mean, i find it tricky too to put what i want to say down on the page, i guess the answer is to keep writing! x

      Delete