Tuesday 17 March 2015

Pick-Me-Up Must See Films

  Sometimes, when I'm not in the mood for anything that requires too much thinking, I love to kick back, throw my hair up and enter the world of Netflix. Perhaps it's stress levels at the moment, but I haven't been as energised and inspired as per usual. I've compiled together a list below of classic I-want-to-feel-motivated kinda films, some that make me weep and deeply consider the meaning of life and others that make me laugh out loud every time. These are definitely worth a watch.. 

Forrest Gump
Every time I sit down to watch this film, I always get back up feeling ready to face the world (dramatic much?!). The film is based around the character Forrest Gump, showing points in his life from a child right up to his late thirties. It is set in the second half of the 20th century and includes many defining events that Forrest seems to become part of. The character leads such a full yet simple life, I always come away feeling inspired to go do something incredible.
How I Live Now 
This film revolves around an American teen and her cousins as they fight for survival when Britain is faced with what is presumably the third world war. What got me when I watched this film for the first time was how real everything was. It was strange to see a country I live in today become this war zone of the future, it was scarily realistic which is what pulled me into the film. Perhaps not the cheeriest, but extremely gripping and tear jerking, it definitely got me thinking.. 
(500) Days Of Summer 
A very bright and breezy film compared to the two above. It's a cleverly done romantic comedy about a girl who doesn't believe in love and a boy who falls for her. When I read the description for this film before watching it I really was expecting yet another typical rom-com, however I thought the cinematography was beautiful. It's packed full of laugh out loud moments and unusual plot twists. 
Freaky Friday 
The ultimate feel good film, full of stereo-typical American teenage life and horrific 90s clothes. The film focuses on a moody teen and her mum who both undergo a kinda 'body switch' and are forced to switch lives for the day. I must admit, I'm  jealous of the garage band Lindsay Lohan, who plays the main character, is in; how she can stroll into the garage pick up her guitar and in seconds they begin a flawless run of a song - the dream! 

Georgina


Watercolour stripe: http://angiemakes.com/free-ombre-watercolor-backgrounds/

No comments:

Post a Comment