Sunday 17 May 2015

Mid-Month Motivation || May


  I love a good few hours slapping paint on a canvas, not something I have been doing much of lately. With exam season upon us, a whole lot’a time is being spent hunched over a desk, not giving much time for anything else.
  I took this little snapshot of some oil paints a few months back when I was in the thick of my fine-art course work and churning out canvases like no tomorrow. I love the way the light is bouncing off the creases of the paint tubes and thought it paired quite well with this Picasso quote. It's perhaps not an expected ‘motivational’ quote but painting and creating always reminds me of the freedom to express, something maths papers and revision timetables aren’t quite allowing me right now. With all this supposed ‘doom and gloom’ I thought I’d remind myself and anyone with similar feelings, that a smattering of perspective never hurts plus nothing lasts forever. 



Georgina 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so I removed the last comment cause I can't spell!. BUT BASICALLY being the good friend that I am I may have nominated you for the versatile blogger award so you need to check out my blog for the rules and all that!! LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh hey well thank you!! i shall do that RIGHTNOW.. thanks girlie!!

      Delete