Sunday 9 August 2015

'Eat More Art'

This little phrase popped up as my laptop wallpaper a few months back and for some reason it’s been stuck in my head ever since, slowly making its way to the top of my 'blogging post ideas’ list. 
There are probably a few ways in which you could interpret the three words. The literal idea of eating beautiful and interesting food more often. Or the metaphorical way that was my initial thought when I read it; to watch, go, see, do and record more art. To keep that creativity and curiosity ticking over. 
Perhaps I’m looking into this way too much and it’s just a passing phrase. But I think sticking to this short mantra would be wise and so this summer, now that I am back from my travels (more on that later!), I thought I’d visit a few galleries, lug my camera around to record more and get into the routine of creating often.
To start off this new game plan I spent a few days in London and visited two galleries that spiked my interest. The first was the BP Portrait Award at the National Gallery. I wondered round awestruck by the sheer quality and skill contained inside the exhibition. Sadly my camera wasn't allowed out of it's bag. 


The second exhibition was equally brimming with great stuff; the Royal Academy Summer Show. I loved the brightly coloured rooms and busy walls full of incredible work. We spent a good few hours in there wondering around and luckily my camera was allowed to see the light. 












After those brief gallery visits the urge to go home and paint something has successfully
made it onto my to-do list. I think this ‘Eat More Art’ mantra has done it’s job.
Georgina

2 comments:

  1. this looks so cool! love that phrase as well

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. The national portrait gallery is one of my favourites, I can't wait to go to the Audrey exhibiton going in two weeks time.
    xx
    http://jaymieocallaghan.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete