Monday 23 November 2015

Autumn / Winter Palette

  A little bit of beauty, fashion and other things pulled together to form a little round up of what I'm reaching for at this time of the year. I did one of these for Spring, and liked the whole format. This time I've used the whole "holding-the-items-delicately-to-make-it-all-look-casual" type thang, enjoy. 

This first pick is of the lippy Rebel by MAC. A pretty bold and daring affair. I must admit I had to psych myself up to wear this out in all its dark and dramatic glory. It's gorgeous buffed into the lips for a soft and smudged look, but it looks equally good generously applied. It's quite blue toned, I find on my paler days layering it up with an orangey-red shade helps. However it's an overall staple that I think brightens up any lipstick collection.
                      
This gorgeous shadow is another item from MAC called Mythology. It looks pretty ordinary in the pot, but once smudged onto the eyelid it becomes a to-die-for deep red, shimmery gold colour. I love to wear it packed all over the lid, sometimes with a cream eye-shadow underneath if I'm going all out. It's such an eye-catching colour I've found all it needs is a quick blend with a brown or neutral shade and your set to go. I have brown eyes and it works nicely to create a dusty, slightly smokey look. But it would also look lovely with blue eyes, to make them pop.

The last week or so here in England the weather has suddenly turned colder and dryer and my skin has definitely been feeling the effects. My skin is oily to combination and I've found that the harsh weather has caused it to look duller and dryer than usual. Using this Origins GinZing face mask once a week as well as a nourishing moisturiser is helping my skin to adjust and look healthier.


I picked up this red Corduroy Pinafore Dress from Toyshop only a week or two back and have fallen in love. The plush red colour and boxy shape just reminds me of Christmas, I think I'm going to be wearing this often. I had slight issues with sizing however, I found I had to go a size up so that it would fit loosely and keep that lovely shapeless look, but this meant it was slightly too long and so I had to take it up a little. Nevertheless this is a lovely wintery piece that can be dressed up or down, I think a pair of cozy knee high socks would fit perfectly.

                              
I seemed to have picked items in pairs for this post - a second item from Topshop bought in June this year. Not an item I expected to be bringing with me into the colder months, however this snug little jacket has surprised me by being warmer than I expected. I love to pair it with some black skinny jeans and a comfy tee for a grungy and casual look. Or I'll throw on a pastel pink maxi-midi skirt, embracing the 50s edge, a band t-shirt and put my hair in space-buns for a slightly crazy and contrasting outfit I can't resist.
I won't talk for too long about this Molecules 01 perfume. All I'm going to say is that it's lasting power is truly amazing and the scent, well I can't get enough. For links and more chitchat about this item click to see the post here.


And finally, an item that I also spoke about recently; my white Moleskine journal (click here to see how I added the black label). In the colder and darker months where I'm inside sadly a lot of the time, I find myself reaching for this to write random thoughts down about nothing in particular. Sometimes I find getting all thoughts down on paper can clear your mind and help me to feel a little calmer. 

Any items you've been reaching for a lot lately? I'd love to hear.
Georgina 

1 comment:

  1. what a great post, loving all the items! especially loving the color o the lipstick and the eyeshadow!

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete