Sunday 21 December 2014

My December Reads

 Around this time of year especially, when it's cold and wet outside, I love to cozy up and read a good book, mug of green tea in hand. I thought I'd try my best to share some of the page turners I've been reading this month and why I loved them so much. 

Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle 
This is a perfect read for this time of year. The story begins by focusing on one girl who finds herself stuck on a train due to this wintry blizzard. What's so clever is the book has been chopped into three sections each written by a different author, looking at different characters affected by the blizzard. So the actions that this one girl takes, end up setting off a chain of events that affect a bunch of characters throughout the book. I must give warning though, this book has smidge of romance and cuteness so anyone looking for a more down to earth, serious book; this might not be the one for you! 

We Were Liars By E. Lockhart 
A friend recommended this book to me and I have to say it's probably on my favourite books ever list. It's so beautifully written with a haunting and jaw dropping twist at the end. The book revolves around this (without giving too much away) 'perfect' family who appear to be very privileged. It focuses on one girl in this family and how she has been affected by her relationships between the people around her.  It has a dusting of romance, a shed-load of tragedy and an air of mystery that had me on Goodreads trying to figure the ending out! 

Because She Loves Me by Mark Edwards 
This is another gripping read that I can't seem to put down, I'm only 68% through the book (excuse my Kindle language) but I'm already hooked. It is written from this man, Andrew's, point of view and follows his life as he falls in love with this women. As you get further and further into the book you see Andrew's bad luck grow, causing the reader and Andrew to question his relationship with this woman. This book is definitely full of mystery, perhaps not the cheeriest of Christmas reads, but I would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves a well written and mysterious page turner! 

---Georgina---

No comments:

Post a Comment