Monday 26 October 2015

The Much Needed Dymo Label Maker

For quite a while I’d had this label maker saved as a bookmark on my computer, and finally this week I decided to invest. When I picture a classic owner of these label makers I go for the compulsively neat characters who label everything and anything. However after seeing clever and artsy ways to use this contraption floating around Pinterest I just couldn’t resist.


I bought this one from amazon for just under £13 because it had the best reviews and came with the black tape I was after, you can see I really did my research ha. 

I'll probably end up using this label maker for cute gift tags on Christmas presents and maybe a phone case here and there, but for today's post I thought I'd show you how I jazzed up my notebooks. They're both Moleskines of course, one is my sketchbook and the other my journal. When I was picking out the colour of my soon-to-be journal it only seemed right to go for this monochrome vibe, so white it was and it ended up going nicely with the black tape.

 There are probably slightly fancier ways you could use the labels to decorate this journal, I did think about putting a Polaroid on the front or something. But I ended up with this super simple style to match the simple colours.
Hopefully as my collection of notebooks expands they'll start to look a little more impressive; I like the idea of putting dates on the spine of the books saying when I started and finished them. 
This might all seem a little tedious considering the colour and design of a notebook really doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things! But, I do think that sometimes small amounts of beauty or detail in our everyday lives can make the day feel a little more special. 

Georgina 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Georgine,

    Thank you for sharing these pictures with us. It might look simple but it does match very well. Have a lot of fun with your new Dymo labelmaker!

    With best and warmest wishes,
    Loek M
    DYMOSupport

    ReplyDelete