Friday 6 February 2015

Chilled Music For Quiet Moments


 Music is so powerful, it can take you back to a moment in time or drastically change your current mood. When I'm in need of some peace and quiet I love plugging in and hitting shuffle on an album or two. When I say calming music, chimes and Ben Howard spring to mind - I mean who doesn't love Ben Howard and a good Himalayan chime from time to time?! I thought I'd dig a little deeper here though and search for more, some would say, alternative music that you might not normally think of, yet really work for me. 

Heza // Generationals 
This album is packed with steady beats and dreamy voices. I love the slight references to 60s and 70s music, the song Awake is one of my favourites. It's easy to get lost in the low base notes and repetitive melodies. 

Long Way Down // Tom Odell 
An honest, raw and quiet album very different to the album Heza. Each song tells its own story, it's one of those 'alone time' albums where you feel you feel you have to sit down and give all your attention to his voice and the lyrics. My favourite is Supposed To Be for it's lyrics and slow beat in the background. 

For Emma, Forever Ago and Bon Iver // Bon Iver 
I couldn't pick one album for this artist, pretty much all of his albums are so chilled I thought one wasn't enough. Listening to his music makes me want to curl up with a book and mug of tea, it's perfect for a lazy Sunday.

Happy listening.. 

-Georgina- 

No comments:

Post a Comment