Sunday 15 February 2015

Things To Do When Your Feeling Blue



  February not only brings clouds and chilly weather, but it seems to also come loaded with plenty of colds and sniffles too. When I'm not feeling so great, I love to fill my days with plenty of relaxed routines that will guarantee to distract me from my what seems to be a never ending snuffly nose. 
Whether it's a cheesy easy-read book or a serious non-fiction,  what better way to forget about your cold than to lose yourself in a book? 
Try A New Type Of Tea
I find myself getting stuck in a rut sometimes, drinking the same types of tea and becoming a bit bored with it. Why not pop down to the shops (or get someone to go for you!) and try out some unusual tea. I have been loving peppermint and liquorice tea, I find it helps to soothe a sore throat.  
Have A Mega Netflix Streaming Session
What better time to stay in bed and become engrossed in a few films or an addictive TV series. 
Do A Pamper Session 
Slap on a deep cleansing clay mask and paint your nails a bright and chirpy colour. I find if my face feels clean, I feel a little less groggy. 
Meditate 
Have some 'me time' and meditate to some calming music. This one works for me in the evenings so I can doze off to sleep, instead of staying up half the night with a box of tissues. 
Go On A Long Walk 
You may be thinking going out of the house is the worst idea, but I find if my nose is clogged, the fresh air helps to clear it. I also feel a little more in touch with the outside world after being holed up inside for a while. 
Take A Bath
Drop in a bath bomb from lush and light a ton of candles.. I will say no more. 
Make A Smoothie 
I always feel like gorging on chocolate and ice-cream when I'm ill, but after a huge glass of green juice I feel super healthy and full of goodness. 
Visit The Beach 
If your lucky enough to live near the beach, wrapping yourself up and making a visit for an hour or two can relax and calm me. Especially if it's a super windy day, a hot drink and layers of coats is all you need. 

I hope that's helped anyone feeling as fuzzy and snuffled as I am..
-Georgina-

No comments:

Post a Comment