Friday 27 February 2015

Life Post // Everything and Anything


 So it’s early, 6:30 pm early, and I’m ready to throw on the fluffy socks and pile my hair up high. I’m also ready to open up Spotify and spend an age digging through playlists full of deep emotional music and think about nothing in particular. Stress? Probably. Tiredness? Definitely.
 It seems a lot of people around me are finding this February an emotional one, perhaps it’s the exams looming in the distance for the lucky selection of us battling with A levels. Or just the grey English weather taking it’s toll. My question is how to over come these feelings without taking days off and letting work pile up around me?
 Part of me says stick with it;  like those exams I have to take, in order to get where I want. The other more impatient side of me has this urgent need to travel, to stop staring at beautiful views through my laptop wallpaper but see them with my own eyes. Perhaps this is impractical, as it is for almost anyone and everyone I know.
 I’m not really sure where I’m going with this post, it seems to be just a collection of thoughts.. whether I’ll even post this I’m not sure yet. Sometimes it’s nice though to have no direction, just to open up a smidge and share some thoughts.
 I’ve been finding the free app Omvana amazing for when I just need five minutes out. It’s full of meditation tracks and calming sounds - when I tell people I love to meditate they look at me like I’m some strange hippy, but trust me.. it works!
 I also bought a small book full of poems by EE Cummings not long ago on a whim and as well and feeling pretty pretentious (haha) I have loved just skimming through it, folding over pages and highlighting my favourite lines (yup I’m one of those ‘book destroying’ people, sorry). 

“with a swoop and a dart  
out flew his wish  
(it dived like a fish  
but climbed like a dream)  
throbbing like a heart  
singing like a flame"  
     - EE Cummings 
Georgina 
Shoutout to Darcey for taking this beautiful photo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment