Tuesday 6 January 2015

Bands I Would Love To See Live


 I haven't written much on Wanderings Of A Lost Soul yet about my fashion or music tastes so I thought now was a good time to do so. Something that's so unique to everyone is their love of music, it's so rare to find someone who totally loves the same bands as you, its such a gem when you find it. I've been to a few concerts in my time and would love to keep adding to that short but sweet list. 
 I've tried to keep the artists below to current ones, I adore The Kinks, The Who, Elvis, Led Zeppelin.. the list could go on, but too my deep despair, drooling over Elvis Presley in concert isn't going to happen. Lets get real here people. 

 The Vaccines. I love the sound of this band, the lead singer's voice is so grungy and very 'rock like' which pairs perfectly with the carefree/'young and free' vibe they've got going on. Both their albums; What Did You Expect From The Vaccines and Come Of Age are consistently addictive. Their second album (Come of Age) definitely has a slightly different sound, in my opinion it's cleaner and perhaps sounds more mature, both albums however are wicked. 
 The Family Rain. I first heard this band as a support act for another artist, when they started playing I was instantly hooked. They're a similar set up to The Vaccines (I think we can see a trend developing here) and are I think they're a newer band with only one album out - Under The Volcano. My favourite songs are probably Trust Me... I'm A Genius, Don't Waste Your Time, Together and We Are In Love - the riff at the start of this song.. so feel good. 
 The Dead Weather. Another rock band, surprise surprise! (I promise I do listen to other kinds of music. haha) There are some albums here that I like more than others, they produce some pretty intense rock and I prefer some 'softer' rock if that's even a thing. Their music is so brooding you can really get pulled into the song, my favourite songs are probably I Can't Hear You, Blue Blood Blues, A Child Of A Few Hours Is Burning To Death (I Know. Cheery name) and Hustle and Cuss. 

 I could name so many more artists that I would love to see in concert but I thought I should keep my ramblings to a minimum. I hope I've helped you discover an artist or branch of music you've perhaps not enjoyed before, that can be the best feeling. I'm now going to go search for some tour dates - it's worth a try.  

--Georgina--

No comments:

Post a Comment