Thursday 22 January 2015

Budget Work/School Minimal Makeup

  Prepping your face for the day not only makes you look great (well, at least that's the aim) but it also wakes up your skin and hopefully keeps it nourished throughout a working day. Returning home in the evenings and seeing no trace of that concealer you'd religiously applied before rushing out that very morning is something no one wants, we've probably all had it though right? My aim is to avoid that heart-sinking moment, spending as little amount of money as possible. I've listed down below a few products that nudged their way into my daily makeup routine and ones that really work for my skin (normal to oily). 


Yes To Carrots Day Cream 
Even if I wasn't wearing any makeup this would still be a must. Although my skin gets very oily throughout the day, after washing my face in the mornings my skin needs to be fed moisture and this really locks it in. I noticed a big difference in my complexion after I started using this. It's quite a rich cream, as it says on the tin, so a little goes a long way. 


I hear this is a dupe for the Benefit Porefessional primer, and although I cannot say whether that's true or not, I can say this is a brilliant 'smoothing-out' primer. Once I've applied it to my skin any makeup that I put on top sits much better, this 'smoothness' also lasts pretty much all day.


I'm not a big fan of full-faced foundation (especially just for school) so a BB or tinted moisturiser is the perfect middle-ing option.If my skin's having a good day I will just skip this step and go straight to concealer. This Maybelline BB Cream feels so refreshing in the morning and keeps my skin really moisturised throughout the day. It's one of those products that feels like it's doing my skin some good instead of clogging it all up.


Such a classic, hyped about, drugstore concealer. I know. But it's just so darn good for the price, I don't want to replace it. I use this both under my eyes and on any blemishes. I have been eyeing up the Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Roller for a while, but in the mornings I find it quickest to use just one product for concealing.



Yet another praised drugstore product, one that I have repurchased quite a few times. I must admit the packaging isn't great, especially for travelling. But the product inside is great at what it does; mattifying and keeping the face shine free. My one is super battered from carrying it around.. I think I'm in desperate need of a new one. 

 I thought I would stick just to base products here, as my eye makeup changes a lot depending on how much time I have. Sometimes I'll leave the whole eye completely bare, whilst other times I'll feel like a thick black eyeliner look. I hope this was useful to any one searching for some budget makeup items. Another post soon! 

-Georgina-

No comments:

Post a Comment