Friday 2 January 2015

New Years Resolutions (And All That Jazz)



 As the festivities come to an end *sobs*, its time to think long and hard about this year and what 2015 may hold. Being a lover of lists, I thought this time of year was a perfect excuse to make one. Although I think this 'New Year, New You' thing never quite works, thinking of goals and improvements is refreshing and perhaps ups the motivation levels as we start the new year. 

 Try New Makeup Looks. There is only so much eyeliner and red lipstick a girl can wear! I want to make 2015 the year I spend that extra minute on my makeup in the mornings, smudging something shimmery onto my eyes.
 Make Exercise Part of my Routine. Although it feels good after doing a run or going to the gym, finding the motivation to go out and do it is something I seem to lack! Incorporating a run here and there into the week will hopefully get me feeling healthier, and not so guilty about the chocolate orange that seems to make its way to my mouth. 
 Non Fiction is the way to go. Fiction seems to be what takes up most of my bookshelf, only over the past month have I really started being interested in biographies and beauty books, occasionally it's nice to read about things in the real world! 
 'Live In The Moment'. There are so many occasions when I catch myself quickly checking twitter, or replying to a text when I've got friends or family sitting right in front of me. Turning my phone off more often is something I want to do more of, it forces me to fully focus on where I am, instead of what the rest of the world is doing (woah there - getting a bit deep!).

 So there you have it. Some of those will definitely be easier than others, maybe this has helped you think of some resolutions? I better get started on that jog... or maybe next week... 

--Georgina--

No comments:

Post a Comment