Thursday 29 January 2015

January Reads


 Post holiday season I always end up with a stack of books to keep me going over the next few months. I have been working my way through some life and beauty books which is so refreshing after constantly reading fiction for so long. As we depart January and head into the rest of the year I feel it was a month of books well spent, all this fashion inspiration and beauty related tips have helped get 2015 off to a good start. 

This book is like the beauty bible. Seriously. For any new-to-makeup girls out there or for someone who just wants all the beauty advice summed up in one place, this book is for you. There are chapters in here that range from How to look good in a picture to Red lipsticks and Beauty icons. Plus the book looks beautiful sitting on my book shelf in all its hardback glory. It would make a great present for a mum, sister or friend. 

If you're looking for a cheer-me-up book this one's for you. The book is made up of a collection of essays written about Lena's personal life, she talks about everything from love to her appearance and her career. I laughed out loud so many times during this book and just couldn't put it down. Her writing is so raw and honest, it gives a real insight into life as a young women, which for someone like me is super relatable.

A book that is just beautiful inside and out. Before reading this book I knew of Alexa Chung and who she was, but not much about her. This book didn't take me long to read at all, I think the volume of photos on every page is the reason for this, but all the photos are so lovely I'm not complaining. It's a book that I would read twice or even three times and spend just as long every time staring at all the photos and doodles as well as marvelling at the thickness of the paper (anyone else loves it when pages of a book are all thick and 'quality'). 

Georgina x 

No comments:

Post a Comment