Friday 16 January 2015

My Makeup Storage

 Applying my makeup in the morning is something I love to do. This may sound vain or shallow but blending concealer into my under eye area or dusting some bronzer onto my face makes me feel ready for the day, inside and out. I guess you could call it 'war paint' if your preparing for an early Monday morning start. 
 Where I sit down and apply my makeup is, to me, just as important as what I slap on. Knowing where all my products are and which brushes go where means I can get out of the house that little bit faster in the mornings. 
 I used to have this tiny cupboard in my room that was piled high with boxes full of stuff I didn't use anymore, but when I jazzed up my room it felt like such a waste of space. So off the door came and in with the paint brush and trip to IKEA. I painted the walls white and then added these swirls of colour, free-hand - it took some practice, using mini tester pots of wall paints. I then bought or scavenged all the necessities like a table, chair, lights and a mirror. Then went about arranging it to look all girly and cute with some sparkly fabric and fairy lights. 









  I adore the way it turned out plus it beats hovering in front of a full length mirror every morning attempting winged eye-liner without anything to lean on - big mistake. I guess the down sides are there isn't a great amount of storage for my makeup at the moment, luckily I don't have too much to store. Perhaps I can get a set of draws to go under the table? Another problemo is the lighting; unless a window appears overnight (you never know right?). IKEA lamps and an illuminated mirror will have to do!

-Georgina-

No comments:

Post a Comment