Sunday 4 January 2015

How I Created My Pin Board


 This pin board sits proudly above my desk and has pretty much become the focal point of my bedroom. It's packed full of inspiration and memories as well as framing my desk nicely. When I first bought the boards (I couldn't find one big enough with these lovely black frames, so I bought two smaller ones) I gravitated towards Pinterest for ideas and inspiration. There seemed to be two routes to take; cram it full of photos and bits and bobs until you can't see the board. OR arrange things in clusters for a more minimal look. 
 Being a bit of a neat freak I went with the less cluttered idea, picking out groups of things I wanted on the board. Photos and Polaroids were a must. As well as magazine cuttings - I'm always tearing out scraps of outfits I love but didn't have anywhere to store them! 


 I then printed off a ton of photos, some from Instagram, and went about arranging them. Any magazine words or old cinema tickets were pinned up too. I also googled some quotes and wrote them in my attempt at 'fancy' writing before adding them too. Any random feathers and photo booth strips have made their way onto the board and before long it was brimming (I say brimming - what I mean is as full as I wanted i.e. spaces everywhere, haha). 



 I love the way it has turned out, it gives such a personal touch to a room. I guess now it's all about updating the photos and magazine trimmings, kinda wishing I'd bought a bigger board!


 --Georgina--

No comments:

Post a Comment